Monday, June 29, 2009

Our Nations Capital!























































































































This past weekend I went with my parents and our best family friends up to Washington D.C. to visit my brother and to do some sightseeing! We had such a fun weekend that included a lot of walking and a lot of laughter. I couldn't tell you the last time I laughed that much. We visited Arlington Cemetery which was one of my favorite things we did. We walked around the monument, the WWII memorial, Lincoln Memorial, the White House, the Vietnam Memorial, the Smithsonians, the Holocaust Museum, Georgetown, experienced the Metro, and we got a tour of the Capital building through Congressman Duncan, who we later got to meet with in his office. We ate a lot of great food and had the best tour guide in the city (my brother)! Here are a few of my favorite pictures of the things we did. My two favorite history pieces that we saw were Ruby's red slippers on the yellow brick road (I had my very own pair when I was little), and the Hope Diamond, which is 45 carats of the world's largest, and most perfect diamond (it's flawless they say). Anyway, happy Monday everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment